Thursday, November 10, 2011

Take the Challenge!

The 21-Day Dad's Challenge: Three Weeks to a Better Relationship with Your Kids
As a father of a little girl and a little boy on the way, I am constantly trying to seek out resources to help me better serve, love, and shepherd my children. Our culture makes this almost impossible. I was thrilled when I had the opportunity to review "The 21-Day Dad's Challenge," a Focus on the Family book, in hopes that I would walk away a better father.
This book contains 21 days to better knowing and loving your child. Each day begins with a narrative by one of the authors (Carey Casey, Josh McDowell, Tony Dungy, Dr. Gary Roseburg, Joe White, and more) over a particular subject, such as helping kids learn respondsibility, improving their serve, and holding kids accountable. This is then followed by a challenge for the father and a plan to help them meet this challenge. At the end of each challenge, there is a bar code for you to scan with your smart phone for additional help in taking the challenge. If you are at all familiar with the "Love Dare" by Stephen and Alec Kendrick, this book is very similar in the structure and purpose.
I am really enjoying going through this book. Although my children are still quite young, I believe that I will pick up this book many times throughout the course of their childhood and teenage years. This is a great book & I highly recommend it to all fathers!

No comments:

Post a Comment